Love sausage rolls and fancy a change?
How about making some Fruity Sausage Rolls?
This recipe is perfect for any parties you may have coming up.
Recipe by Fiona Hunter
Makes 16 sausage rolls
How To Make Fruity Sausage Rolls:
- 400g tub Nature’s Finest Prunes, drained
- 1 tsp rapeseed oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 325g pork sausage meat
- 1 sheet ready rolled puff pastry
- Plain flour for dusting
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tsp poppy or sesame seeds
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
How To Make:
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Heat the oil in a small pan, add the onion and cook for 3-4 mins or until soft.
2. Blot prunes dry with absorbent kitchen roll, then roughly chop the flesh.
3. Mix the sausage meat, onion and prunes until well combined, season to taste.
4. Lay the pastry on a work surface, then cut in half lengthways.
5. Lightly dust your hands with flour. Divide sausage meat mixture in two, then roll out each half to form a long sausage shape. Lay a sausage meat roll lengthways on each piece of pastry
6. Brush one of the longer edges of the pastry with the beaten egg then fold the pastry over the filling and seal by pressing gently on each roll.
7. Turn the roll over so the seal is on the underside. Cut each strip into 8 rolls.
8. Brush the pastry with remaining beaten egg, then sprinkle with poppy or sesame seeds.
9. Place the rolls on a baking tray and cook for 20-30 minutes or until crisp and golden.
Recipe c/o Nature’s Finest, the UK’s no.1 potted fruit brand.
What do you think of this Fruity Sausage Rolls recipe?
Do you fancy making some?
Try now or pin for later.