do you like to make your own Christmas dinner? What about sides? Are you looking for a different stuffing recipe this year to go on your Christmas dinner?
What about this Lizi’s Apricot, Sage & Granola Stuffing? – Christmas lunch made special this year. Using: Lizi’s Low Sugar Granola.
With Christmas creeping round the corner, expectations and excitement for that famous Christmas lunch are growing. Whilst the gravy is being stirred and sprouts bubbling on the hob, why not jazz it up this year with some of Lizi’s Apricot, Sage and Granola Stuffing to spoil the family.
Serves: Up to 5 people
- 30g Butter
- 1 Onion finely diced
- 125g Lizi’s Low Sugar Granola
- 75g Dried organic apricots finely chopped
- 4 Sage leaves finely chopped
- 0.5 tsp Fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Melt the butter in a small pan and fry the onion until it is translucent.
- Stir in the granola, apricots and herbs.
- Cook the mixture gently for ten minutes and season with salt and pepper. Let it cool before you stuff the chicken. Then spoon the mixture into the neck end of the chicken’s cavity. Don’t pack the oats in too hard, as they will expand during cooking. Also, if they are too packed they may stop the heat penetrating the centre of the body. Pop straight in a preheated and then cook as normal.
- Once the chicken is cooked all the way through, serve as normal and spoon out the stuffing on to people’s plates. They will be forever grateful.
Recipe c/o Lizi’s Granola.
What sides do you like to add on your Christmas dinner?
We always have to have stuffing, sausage and bacon, Yorkshire puddings, mushy peas and Brussels as side dishes on our Christmas dinner, oh yum!!
Fancy making this Lizi’s Apricot, Sage & Granola Stuffing recipe?
Let me know if you get to make some.