Are you a fan of Christmas puddings?
Fancy making one?
Today I have this Nature’s Finest Christmas Pudding recipe to share with you.
Recipe by Fiona Hunter
How To Make A Nature’s Finest Christmas Pudding:
- 2 x 400g Nature’s Finest Pitted Prunes in juice, drained
- Butter for greasing
- 200g mixed dried fruit
- 150mls dark rum
- Finely grated zest of 1 large orange
- 75g vegetarian suet
- 75g dark brown sugar
- 75g plain flour
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 50g white breadcrumbs
- 50g Brazil nuts, roughly chopped
- 1 large egg
How To Make:
1. Lightly grease a 1.2 litre pudding basin and line the base with a disc of baking paper.
2. Cut a 38cm square of baking paper and place it on top of a square of foil of the same size. Use butter to grease a circle about 18cm side in the centre of the baking paper then fold a 5cm pleat down the centre.
3. Place 1 pot of prunes in a blender and puree until smooth. Roughly chop the second pot of prunes. Transfer prunes to a mixing bowl, add all the remaining ingredient and mix well
4. Spoon the mixture into the prepared bowl. Place the square of foil and baking paper, greased side down on top of the pudding, with the pleat down the middle. Tie a long piece of string around the rim of the bowl, then loop string over and under the bowl to take a handle.
5. Sit the pudding on a heatproof saucer in a large deep pan, then pour in enough hot water to come halfway up the bowl. Cover and simmer for 4 hours topping up water as necessary. Remove and cool store in a cool place until required.
6. To reheat steam in a pan for 1 hour or remove foil and baking paper, cover with cling film and microwave for 5-10 minutes or until hot through.
Recipe c/o Nature’s Finest, the UK’s no.1 potted fruit brand.
What do you think of this Nature’s Finest Christmas Pudding recipe?
Fancy trying it?