Fancy making a Pear And Ginger Upside Down Pudding?
A fun twist to the usual pineapple upside own pudding.
Recipe by Fiona Hunter
How To Make A Pear And Ginger Upside Down Pudding:
For the topping:
- 400g Nature’s Finest Pears in juice drained and juice reserved
- 50g baking margarine or butter
- 50g light brown sugar
For the cake:
- 100g self-raising flour
- 1 level tsp baking powder
- 1 heaped tsp ground ginger
- 100g baking margarine or butter softened and cut into cubes
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 50g crystallised ginger, finely chopped (optional)
Custard to serve or maybe some cream or ice cream.
How To Make:
1. Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. To make the topping beat the sugar and butter together until creamy. Spread the mixture over the base of a 20cm round cake tin. Arrange the pears over the mixture
2. To make the sponge, sieve the flour, baking powder and ground ginger into a large bowl. Add the butter, sugar, eggs and crystallised ginger if using plus 2 tbsp of reserved juice and beat with an electric hand whisk until everything is combined and the mixture has a smooth soft consistency.
3. Spoon the mixture into the tin and bake for 35 mins.
4. Leave to stand for 5 mins then carefully turn out onto a plate serve with custard.
Recipe c/o Nature’s Finest, the UK’s no.1 potted fruit brand.
What do you think of this Pear And Ginger Upside Down Pudding?
Fancy making one?
You may also like:
Nature’s Finest Christmas Pudding:
How about trying this Nature’s Finest Christmas Pudding?
Fruity Sausage Rolls:
A fun twist on the usual sausage rolls.
Let us know if you get to try any of these recipes in the comments below. You can also find us on a range of social media channels found at the top of this page. Join the conversation.