Fancy making some Pineapple Christmas Chutney?
A perfect dip for all your party food.
How To Make Pineapple Christmas Chutney:
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 3 red Del Monte® onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp black onion seeds (kalonji or nigella)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 Del Monte® tinned Pineapple
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- A thumb-sized piece ginger, finely chopped
- 250g soft light brown sugar
- 175ml cider vinegar
- Sterilised jars
How To Make:
1. Firstly, heat the oil in a large thick-based pan.
2. Next, add the onions and spices to the pan and cook lightly for 5 minutes until fragrant.
3. Next add your remaining ingredients: 2 Del Monte® tinned pineapples, red chilli, ginger, light brown sugar and cider vinegar.
4. Season accordingly, and let simmer for 1 hour until the mixture is dark golden and thick, stirring regularly.
5. Finally, pour the mixture into sterilised jars and allow to the mixture time to cool before covering.
Recipe c/o Del Monte.
What do you think of this Pineapple Christmas Chutney recipe?
Do you fancy making some?
You might also like:
Quinoa Stuffed Peppers:
Fancy making some of these Quinoa Stuffed Peppers?
These Quinoa-Stuffed Peppers have a tasty, fruity and spice twist to them and make a nice addition to any menu.
Avocado Mango Salad:
Looking for a nice and Tasty Tuesday Treat for lunch?
Fancy making a nice and refreshing Avocado Mango Salad anyone?
Rainbow Cauliflower Pizza:
Are you looking for a mid-week or weekend healthy treat?
Do you or your children love pizza?
Are you trying to get more vegetables into your children’s diet?
How cool is this idea:
Rainbow Cauliflower Pizza?
A great way to get the children eating up their veggies!!
You can find the recipe here: Rainbow Cauliflower Pizza.