Quince, Orange And Chestnut Chutney With Davidstow® Cheddar.
Do you like to make up a cheese board? We love to make them here. All our family loves to eat cheese. A cheese board is perfect for any celebration. Served up at a party. An after dinner party treat. At an all you can eat buffet. Or a Saturday night treat in front of the TV with a nice glass of red wine.
Today I am sharing a chutney recipe to serve up with your next cheese board party.
Quince, Orange and Chestnut Chutney with Davidstow® cheddar. This is a great festive chutney that pairs well with Davidstow® 3 Year Special Reserve Vintage and Davidstow® 18 Month Extra Mature cheddar. Make the chutney well in advance to when you’d like to use it as it develops in flavour as the weeks go by.
Quince, Orange And Chestnut Chutney With Davidstow® Cheddar:
- 4 quinces, peeled and diced
- 2 pears, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 4g fennel seeds
- 10g mustard seeds
- 1 pinch saffron
- 7g ginger powder
- 320g white wine vinegar
- 150g sugar
- Juice of 1 orange
- 2 ½ orange peel, grated using a fine grater
- 150g cooked whole chestnuts chopped. These can be found in most supermarkets
Quince, Orange And Chestnut Chutney With Davidstow® Cheddar Method:
1. Place all the ingredients above, except the pears and chestnuts, together in a saucepan. Cook down slowly, stirring continuously.
2. Add the pears 30 minutes into the cooking time. Cook the pear for a further 15 minutes.
3. Finish with the chestnuts, stir in well and remove the chutney from the heat. Chill this down in the refrigerator.
4. Add it to a medium sterilized Kilner jar.
Recipe credit: Created by Lee Westcott for Davidstow®
What are your essentials for a perfect cheese board?
Crackers, grapes, chutney and a nice glass of red wine would be on my list.
How about trying this Quince Orange And Chestnut Chutney With Davidstow® Cheddar too?