Do you like to make up a cheese board? We love to make them here. All our family loves to eat cheese. A cheese board is perfect for any celebration. Served up at a party. An after dinner party treat. At an all you can eat buffet. Or a Saturday night treat in front of the TV with a nice glass of red wine.
Today I am sharing a chutney recipe to serve up with your next cheese board party.
Quince, Orange and Chestnut Chutney with Davidstow® cheddar. This is a great festive chutney that pairs well with Davidstow® 3 Year Special Reserve Vintage and Davidstow® 18 Month Extra Mature cheddar. Make the chutney well in advance to when you’d like to use it as it develops in flavour as the weeks go by.
- 4 quinces, peeled and diced
- 2 pears, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 4g fennel seeds
- 10g mustard seeds
- 1 pinch saffron
- 7g ginger powder
- 320g white wine vinegar
- 150g sugar
- Juice of 1 orange
- 2 ½ orange peel, grated using a fine grater
- 150g cooked whole chestnuts chopped. These can be found in most supermarkets
1. Place all the ingredients above, except the pears and chestnuts, together in a saucepan. Cook down slowly, stirring continuously.
2. Add the pears 30 minutes into the cooking time. Cook the pear for a further 15 minutes.
3. Finish with the chestnuts, stir in well and remove the chutney from the heat. Chill this down in the refrigerator.
4. Add it to a medium sterilized Kilner jar.
Recipe credit: Created by Lee Westcott for Davidstow®
What are your essentials for a perfect cheese board?
Crackers, grapes, chutney and a nice glass of red wine would be on my list.
How about trying this Quince Orange And Chestnut Chutney With Davidstow® Cheddar too?