Fancy trying these Satay Chicken in Baby Gem Lettuce Cups?
Great for a party canapes, these lettuce cups are a bit different from the standard cocktail sausage and a lot tastier.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
How To Make Satay Chicken in Baby Gem Lettuce Cups:
- 2 Baby Gem lettuce
- 2tsp nut oil
- 8 spring onions, 6 finely sliced, 2 reserved for decoration
- 1-2tsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 200g cooked chicken, torn into bite sized pieces
- 80g baby corn cut into ½ cm disks
- 160ml chicken stock
- 50g creamed coconut (or 1 sachet)
- 2tsp soy sauce
- 200g cooked brown rice
- Small bunch of coriander
- 1 lime cut in wedges
What to do:
- In a heavy bottom pan heat the oil and gently cook the sliced spring onions for 2 minutes. Add the curry powder and peanut butter, cook stirring for 1 min until fragrant then add the chicken and baby corn. Stir to coat with the paste.
- Pour in the stock, coconut milk and soy, stir and cook for 10 minutes. If the satay becomes too thick add a little more stock.
- While the satay is cooking, slice the two remaining spring onions then tear the leaves from the lettuce and arrange on a serving plate.
- When the satay is ready, spoon a little cooked rice into each lettuce leaf then top with satay, scatter with the spring onions, coriander leaves and squeeze over a few wedges of lime.
*Recipe and recipe photography by Make More Of Salad No Payment was received*
What do you think of this Satay Chicken in Baby Gem Lettuce Cups recipe?
Fancy trying it?
You might also like:
Cumin Roast Beetroot, Squash And Carrot With herb Salad:
Cumin Roast Beetroot, Squash & Carrot with herb salad. This salad brings together the earthy flavours of roast veg, crunchy hazelnuts and fresh herbs. With a spicy heat and the fresh zing of lime and yogurt this dish is a crowd pleaser in winter or summer.