Today I have a Sunday Dinner recipe to share with you:
Slow Cooked Curried Shoulder of Welsh Lamb.
How To Make Slow Cooked Curried Shoulder of Welsh Lamb:
- 1 approx 2.5kg shoulder Welsh lamb
- 15ml (1tbsp) oil
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1” (2½cm) piece root ginger, peeled and chopped
- 30ml (2tbsp) garam masala or medium curry powder
- 5ml (1tsp) chilli powder
- 400g (approx) can chopped tomatoes
- 400g (approx) can chick peas
- 300ml (½pt) lamb stock
- 2 large potatoes, washed and cut into large cubes
- 2 large handfuls Spinach
How To Make:
- Preheat oven to Gas 4, 180ºC, 350ºF.
- Heat a large roasting pan on the hob and add oil, onion, garlic and ginger. Add the shoulder of lamb and brown well.
- Add the spices and coat meat in them well. Add the tomatoes, chick peas, stock and potatoes. Bring to the boil, cover with foil and place in preheated oven. Cook for about 2 hours until the meat falls off the bone. Add the spinach in the last 10 minutes of cooking and allow to just wilt slightly.
- Serve in chunks with Indian breads or steamed rice
Recipe c/o Eat Welsh Lamb
What do you think of this Slow Cooked Curried Shoulder of Welsh Lamb recipe?
Fancy trying it?
You might also like:
Welsh Lamb Curry With Aubergine & Figs:
Fancy trying this Welsh Lamb Curry With Aubergine & Figs recipe?
Welsh Lamb Nachos:
Love nachos? We make plenty of nachos here and we are always on the lookout for new ways to serve them. How about making some of these Welsh Lamb Nachos?
These Teasy Spider Welsh Beef Burgers are perfect for Halloween or any spider themed birthday party ideas.
Fancy trying any of these recipes?
Share your thoughts in the comments below if you get to try them.