Are you looking for party food recipes? Today I am sharing a Turkey, Fennel Seed and Davidstow® 3 Year Special Reserve Vintage Cheese Parcels recipe with you.
Recipe by Lee Westcott for Davidstow®.
If you’re looking for a festive finger food to wow your guests with over Christmas, and use up any leftovers from Christmas Day, then my recipe for turkey, fennel seed and Davidstow® 3 Year Special Reserve Vintage cheddar parcels is perfect for you.
Makes 20 parcels
- 200g turkey leg, minced
- 100g chicken breast minced
- 3g fennel seeds
- ½ whole egg
- 15g chervil, chopped
- 15g tarragon, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 50g dried apricot, chopped
- 10g panko breadcrumbs
- 30g Davidstow® 3 Year Special Reserve Vintage cheddar, grated
- Egg yolk for glazing
- Poppy seeds
- 400g block of puff pastry
1. Preheat a fan assisted oven to 170°C
2. Mix all the ingredients above together, apart from the puff pastry, until a meatball consistency is achieved.
3. Roll out the puff pastry, approximately 7cm- 6cm by 1mm thickness. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.
4. Once all the puff pastry is cut to shape and rested, place a teaspoon full of the turkey mixture into the centre of each puff pastry rectangles.
5. Now take in two opposite corners and pinch them together.
6. Glaze these with egg yolk, sprinkle on some poppy seeds and some more finely grated Davidstow® 3 Year Special Reserve Vintage cheddar before baking.
7. Now bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe credit: Created by Lee Westcott for Davidstow®
Do you fancy trying this recipe out?
Perfect for any kind of party you are hosting over Christmas or New Year. Also a nice and tasty treat for the weekend evenings too.
Let me know if you get to make these Turkey, Fennel Seed and Davidstow® 3 Year Special Reserve Vintage Cheese Parcels this Christmas.