Are you looking for an Afternoon Booster?
Feel like you need a bit of a mid-afternoon boost to keep you going for a couple of hours? Try this satisfying snack!
To celebrate Fairtrade Fortnight (27th Feb – 12th March) and this year’s ‘Break’ theme, we have some delicious snacking recipes from Tate & Lyle Sugars using Tate & Lyle Fairtrade Light Brown Sugar.
Preparation 15 minutes
Cooking 8 minutes
Makes approximately 20
Afternoon Booster Recipe:
- 200g desiccated coconut
- 1 large egg white
- 50g ground almonds
- 50g salted pistachio nuts, chopped
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- 50g Tate & Lyle Light Soft Brown or Light Muscovado Sugar
- 2tbsp Lyle’s Golden Syrup
- 1-2tbsp dried raspberry flakes (optional)
How to make this recipe:
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C, fan oven 170°C Gas Mark 5.
2. Tip the coconut into a dry frying pan and cook over a high heat for 1-2 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon, to toast lightly. Cool for 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, use a fork to lightly whisk the egg white in a mixing bowl. Stir in the coconut and add the ground almonds, pistachio nuts, pumpkin seeds, Tate & Lyle Light Soft Brown or Light Muscovado Sugar and Lyle’s Golden Syrup.
4. Spoon the mixture into a silicone mini muffin tray (or similar) to make approximately 20, cooking in batches if necessary. Transfer to the oven and bake for 8 minutes.
5. Cool, then ease the treats from the tray. Sprinkle the dried raspberry flakes on top (if using). Keep in an airtight tin for up to 2 weeks.
Cook’s tip: You could use chopped almonds, hazelnuts or peanuts instead of the pistachios.
If you prefer, tip the whole mixture into a lined 23cm square cake tin and bake for 10-12 minutes. Cut into squares when cool.
Afternoon Booster recipe courtesy of Taste And Smile.