Today I am sharing a healthier breakfast recipe to kick-start mornings with tasty but much healthier alternatives.
Fancy making some California raisin energy bars?
A quick but guilt-free breakfast full of fibre for busy mornings.
Or perfect for a mid-morning snack after the gym.
How To Make California Raisin Energy Bars:
Makes 16 square bars
- 1 x can of skimmed sweetened condensed milk (397g)
- 250g rolled or porridge oats
- 140g California Raisins
- 75g desiccated coconut
- 40g Pumpkin seeds
- 40g Sunflower seeds
- 40g Sesame seeds
- 100g Chopped mixed nuts (optional)
How To Make:
1. Heat the oven to 130˚C/260˚F/Gas ½, and oil a 34cm x 20cm x 3cm (13 1⁄2″ x 8″ x 1″) brownie baking tin.
2. Warm the condensed milk in a large saucepan
3. Mix together all the other ingredients in a large bowl. Add the warm condensed milk and mix together to distribute the ingredients and coat with the condensed milk.
4. Spread the mixture into the tin and press drown with a spatula or wooden spoon to even the surface.
5. Bake for 1 hour, then remove and leave to cool for 20 minutes, cut in half and 8 across to make 16 bars. Leave to cool completely.
Recipe c/o California Raisins
What do you think of these California Raisin Energy Bars?
Fancy making some?
You might also like these energy recipes:
Raspberry Coconut Energy Balls:
Fancy trying out these raspberry coconut energy balls? These delicious energy balls are a perfect pre-workout snack or a post 3pm pick me up. How To Make Raspberry Coconut Energy Balls.
Seedy Quinoa And Cacao Slices:
Fancy trying these Seedy Quinoa and Cacao Slices recipe out? Specially created for Sevenhills Wholefoods by Deliciously Ella (Gluten + Dairy Free, Vegan).
These sticky fruit and nut bars are the perfect afternoon treat. Packed full of superfood goodness they’ll keep you going with natural energy. Seedy Quinoa And Cacao Slices.