Carrot cake or pancakes??
Why not both in one!?
Enjoy the flavour of carrot cake – in a pancake! These are quick-to-make and a treat to eat.
How To Make Carrot Cake Pancakes:
Cooking 10 mins
Serves 2 (3 pancakes each)
- 100g wholemeal self-raising flour
- ¼ tsp ground mixed spice
- 20g Tate & Lyle Golden Caster Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 100g grated carrot
- 4 tbsp low fat plain yogurt
- 100ml milk
- 50g sultanas or raisins
- 3-4 tsp vegetable oil
For the topping:
- 100g low fat soft cheese or mascarpone
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 orange
- 1 tsp Tate & Lyle Golden Caster Sugar
- Lyle’s Golden Syrup, for drizzling
How to make this recipe:
1. Put the flour, mixed spice, Tate & Lyle Golden Caster Sugar, egg, grated carrot, yogurt and milk into a large mixing bowl and use a hand whisk or fork to mix everything together thoroughly. Stir in the sultanas or raisins.
2. Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add 2-3 drops of oil. Cook tablespoons of the batter in batches, turning them over after 1-2 minutes to cook the other sides. Make 8 small pancakes altogether, adding a few more drops of oil to the frying pan with each batch.
3. For the topping, mix together the soft cheese and vanilla extract. Finely grate the orange zest and add 1 tsp to the mixture with the Tate & Lyle Golden Caster Sugar. Peel and segment the orange, removing all the pith. Serve with the warm pancakes and drizzle with Lyle’s Golden Syrup, sprinkling a little more orange zest.
Cook’s tip: You could use white self-raising flour, though wholemeal provides more fibre.
Recipe c/o Lyle’s Golden Syrup. This recipe is made using Lyle’s Golden Syrup, for more delicious recipes visit Lyles Golden Syrup.
What do you think of this Carrot Cake Pancakes recipe?
Fancy making some?