Chai- Hia-Spiced Hot Buttered Rum.
Hello. Thursday already. I can almost smell the weekend!
Any fun plans for the end of the week?
Today I have a lovely warm recipe to share with you:
Chia- Hia-Spiced Hot Buttered Rum.
This recipe is perfect after a long busy day. Just kick off your shoes and warm yourself up.
This warming spiced rum drink is the perfect treat for a chilly winter’s day.
Adults only, please!
How To Make Chai- Hia-Spiced Hot Buttered Rum:
Preparation 5 minutes
- 20g butter, at room temperature
- 20g Tate & Lyle Light Soft Brown or Light Muscovado Sugar
- Boiling water
- 2 spiced Chai tea bags
- 4tbsp dark rum
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- Cinnamon sticks, to serve
How To Make This Recipe:
1. Beat the butter and Tate & Lyle Light Soft Brown or Light Muscovado Sugar together until creamy.
2. Warm 2 serving glasses with boiling water, tip it out, then put a tea bag into each glass, filling them about 2/3rds full with boiling water. Steep for 3 minutes, then remove the tea bags.
3. Share the butter and sugar mixture between the glasses, then add the rum and stir well.
4. Serve at once, sprinkled with a little freshly grated nutmeg, with the cinnamon sticks to decorate.
Cook’s tip: Adjust the drink to suit your taste – if you like it a little spicier, steep the tea bags for an extra minute. If you prefer less punch from the rum, just add 1 tablespoon to each glass.
Chai- Hia-Spiced Hot Buttered Rum recipe courtesy of Tate & Lyle Sugar.
This recipe is made using Tate & Lyle Sugars, for more delicious recipes visit Taste And Smile.
What do you think of this Chai- Hia-Spiced Hot Buttered Rum recipe?
Do you like making drinks like this?
Fancy making some?
Click here for more Autumn Recipes.