Hello. Happy Wonderful Wednesday. How is your week going so far?
Are you looking for a mid-week treat recipe?
Fancy making some Chocolate and almond biscotti?
Perfect for a sweet treat, elevenses or lunch box treat.
Recipe courtesy of Braun Household
How To Make Chocolate And Almond Biscotti:
- 200g plain flour
- 80g dark cocoa powder
- 150g caster sugar
- 60g dark chocolate, chopped
- ¾ teaspoon of baking powder
- 3 whole eggs
- Grated zest of half an orange
- 100g peeled almonds, lightly toasted
- ½ teaspoon of salt
How To Make:
- Heat oven to 180ºC.
- Put the flour, cocoa, sugar, dark chocolate, orange zest, baking powder and a ½ teaspoon of salt into a blender and blend to a powder.
- Add this powder to the eggs and mix until the mixture forms a dough.
- Tip the dough onto a counter dusted with flour, add the almonds and knead until smooth.
- Divide into 4 and shape into flat, rectangles.
- Lift them onto a paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean, then leave to cool.
- Use a serrated knife to cut the baked dough into bitesize pieces.
- Place on a clean baking sheet and bake them for a second time for 15 minutes, turning once until crisp.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack and store for up to 10 days in an airtight container.
- For an extra touch, dip half of each biscotti into melted white chocolate and allow to cool.
About this post: This recipe courtesy of Braun Household.
What do you think of this Chocolate And Almond Biscotti recipe?
Do you fancy making some?
Share your thoughts in the comments below.
Do not forget to stop by over the next few day as I have lots more yummy recipes to share with you.