Today I have a have a no added sugar chocolate cake recipe to share with you for Chocolate Cake Day.
Total Sweet Chocolate Celebration Cake. Yum Yum.
This makes a wonderful celebration cake that cuts into 12-16 slices.
How To Make A Total Sweet Chocolate Celebration Cake:
- 190g Self Raising Flour
- 30gm cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 220g soft margarine at room temp
- 220g Total Sweet Xylitol
- 4 large free range eggs
Filling and icing:
- 125g softened unsalted butter
- 250g mascarpone
- 200g Total Sweet Xylitol – blitzed in a blender until the consistency of icing sugar
- 25g/30g cocoa powder as desired
- Mixture of fresh fruit e.g. Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries
- Pre-heat oven to 180C/160C fan.
- Base line 3 x 18cm sandwich tins with greaseproof paper/baking parchment.
- Sift flour, cocoa and baking powder into a large bowl.
- Add all the other ingredients and whisk until fully blended, preferably with an electric whisk.
- Add approx. 1 tablespoon of warm water to the mixture until dropping consistency reached. (The mixture drops easily of a spoon when tapped against the side of the bowl).
- Divide evenly between the 3 tins and knock gently to level.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 25-30 mins until firm, risen and a skewer comes out of the mixture clean.
- Leave in the tins to cool for a few mins, then carefully peel off the paper and leave to cool completely on a rack.
- For the icing, cream the butter until pale and fluffy, fold in the mascarpone, Total Sweet and sieved cocoa powder. Add a little warm water if consistency too stiff.
- Fill and ice the cake with the mixture.
- Decorate with fruit as desired.
- Keep in the refrigerator.
Total Sweet Chocolate Celebration Cake Recipe courtesy of Total Sweet Xylitol
What do you think of this chocolate cake recipe?
Fancy trying a slice?