Croissant Day: French Brunch.
Happy Monday. Today is also Croissant Day. How cool!? We love croissants.
My favourites are warmed up with jam on them but I also like a savoury filling.
How do you like to eat your croissants?
Fancy making a French brunch for croissant day?
Do you like sweet fillings in your croissants or savoury?
Or both? Warm or cold?
Today I am sharing a savoury croissant full of egg cheese and watercress!!
French Brunch, how tasty!?
Croissant Day: French Brunch
The Info: Serves 1
How To Make A French Brunch For Croissant Day:
- 50g of Primula Cheese Light
- 1 large croissant
- 1 large egg
- A small knob of butter
- Watercress, roughly chopped
How To Make:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Crack the egg into a bowl.
- Add a generous squeeze of Primula with ham.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix.
- Place the croissants in the oven to warm.
- Heat the butter in a large frying pan.Add the egg and cheese mixture and scramble until the eggs are fully cooked
- Then fold in the chopped watercress.
- Remove the croissants from the oven and fill with the egg mixture.
- Serve immediately.
Total calories: 339
- Primula Light (50g): 77 calories
- Croissant x1: 104
- Egg x1: 83 calories
- Butter (10g): 73 calories
- Watercress (10g): 2 calories
French Brunch recipe courtesy of Primula Light.
What do you think of this French Brunch recipe?
Fancy trying it out on croissant day?
You may also like this recipe:
Croissant Garland With Persimon Curd:
This lovely Spanish persimon curd is so easy to make, using simple fresh ingredients. For a festive idea, serve for breakfast with lemon icing-drizzled croissants arranged in a star shape – a spectacular treat to share! Croissant Garland With Persimon Curd.
Let me know in the comments below if you will be celebration croissant day today by eating some yummy croissants.
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest: