Today is also Croissant Day.
We love croissants.
My favourites are warmed up with jam on them but I also like a savoury filling.
How do you like to eat your croissants?
Fancy making a French brunch for croissant day?
Do you like sweet fillings in your croissants or savoury?
Warm or cold?
Today I am sharing a savoury croissant full of egg cheese and watercress!!
French Brunch, how tasty!?
How To Make A FrenchBrunch For Croissant Day:
- 50g of Primula Cheese Light
- 1 large croissant
- 1 large egg
- A small knob of butter
- Watercress, roughly chopped
How To Make:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Crack the egg into a bowl.
- Add a generous squeeze of Primula with ham.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix.
- Place the croissants in the oven to warm.
- Heat the butter in a large frying pan.Add the egg and cheese mixture and scramble until the eggs are fully cooked
- Then fold in the chopped watercress.
- Remove the croissants from the oven and fill with the egg mixture.
- Serve immediately.
Total calories: 339
- Primula Light (50g): 77 calories
- Croissant x1: 104
- Egg x1: 83 calories
- Butter (10g): 73 calories
- Watercress (10g): 2 calories
French Brunch recipe courtesy of Primula Light.
What do you think of this French Brunch recipe?
Fancy trying it out on croissant day?
You may also like this recipe:
Croissant Garland With Persimon Curd:
This lovely Spanish persimon curd is so easy to make, using simple fresh ingredients. For a festive idea, serve for breakfast with lemon icing-drizzled croissants arranged in a star shape – a spectacular treat to share! Croissant Garland With Persimon Curd
Let me know in the comments below if you will be celebration croissant day today by eating some yummy croissants.