Fancy making some Golden Syrup Pancakes?
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
How To Make Golden Syrup Pancakes:
You will need:
- 300ml full-fat milk
- 2 medium eggs
- 125g plain flour
- 25g butter, melted
- Extra melted butter or vegetable oil for frying
How To Make:
- Put the milk and eggs into a jug and whisk together.
- Put the flour into a large bowl, and make a hallow in the centre. Gradually pour the milk mixture into the centre, whisking as you pour continue whisking until you have a smooth batter, then whisk in the melted butter.
- Alternatively put all the ingredients into a food processor or blender and whizz until smooth.
- To cook the pancakes, use a non-stick 18cm pan for best results.
- Heat the pan on medium heat until there is a slight haze coming from it.
- Brush the pan with butter or oil then pour in abut 70ml of batter, use a small ladle if available.
- Tilt the pan so the batter evenly covers the bottom of the pan.
- Cook for about 1 minute or until the liquid batter has set and the pancake is golden.Loosen the edges of the pancake with a spatula and give a little shake – it should come loose and move in the pan.
- Either flip the pancake or turn it over using a fish slice, then cook for a further minute.
- Continue to cook more pancakes in the same way.
Classic Pancake Topping:
- Lyle’s Golden Syrup
- Lemon wedges
My favourite is freshly squeezed orange juice and syrup!!
Fold the pancakes loosely and drizzle over the Golden Syrup. Squeeze the fresh lemon juice and serve.
Recipe c/o Lyle’s Golden Syrup.This recipe is made using Lyle’s Golden Syrup, for more delicious recipes visit Lyles Golden Syrup
What do you think of these Golden Syrup Pancakes?
Pancakes are not just for Pancake Day 🙂