Gooey Sea Salted Caramel Brownies. Fancy making some Gooey Sea Salted Caramel Brownies?
To celebrate Fairtrade Fortnight (27th Feb – 12th March) and this year’s ‘Break’ theme, I have a delicious snacking recipe from Tate & Lyle Sugars using Tate & Lyle Fairtrade Light Brown Sugar.
These rich and delicious brownies are made with Fairtade chocolate and Tate & Lyle Light Brown Soft Sugar, with a gooey salted caramel topping. Yum!
Preparation 20 minutes, plus cooling
Cooking 25 minutes
How To Make Gooey Sea Salted Caramel Brownies:
- 150g butter
- 40g good quality Fairtrade dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 2 large eggs
- 150g Tate & Lyle Soft Light Brown Sugar or Light Muscovado Sugar
- 1tbsp Greek-style natural yogurt
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 150g plain flour
- 30g cocoa powder
- Generous pinch of sea salt flakes
- 50g butter
- 50g Tate & Lyle Soft Light Brown Sugar
- 2tbsp Lyle’s Golden Syrup
- 2-3 pinches sea salt flakes, for sprinkling
How to make this recipe:
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C, fan oven 170°C, Gas Mark 5. Line a 23cm square baking tin with baking paper.
2. Over a very low heat, gently melt the butter and chocolate, stirring occasionally. Cool for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, whisk the eggs and sugar in a large bowl until pale and fluffy. Do this with an electric whisk on full speed for about 5 minutes.
4. Add the yogurt and vanilla, then pour in the melted butter and chocolate and mix gently until combined.
5. Sift the flour and cocoa powder together. Fold into the chocolate mixture with a pinch of sea salt, using a large metal spoon. Pour into the prepared tin.
6. Bake for 20 minutes and check with a skewer – it should come out clean. If not, bake for another 5 minutes. Cool in the tin for half an hour on a wire rack.
7. For the topping, melt the butter, Tate & Lyle Soft Light Brown Sugar and Lyle’s Golden Syrup in a saucepan over a gentle heat, then boil steadily for exactly 1 minute. Cool for 1-2 minutes, then pour over the brownies and sprinkle with sea salt flakes. Leave to cool before cutting into 9 squares.
Gooey Sea Salted Caramel Brownies recipe courtesy of Taste And Smile.
What do you think of these brownies?
Fancy making some?
You Might Also Like: