Lamb Valentine Steaks with Redcurrant and Orange Sauce.
Are you planning to cook a special Valentine’s day meal this year?
Bring out your romantic side and serve your loved one a “valentine” steak for a date night at home.
Cut from the tender lamb loin, valentine steaks are essentially two chops butterflied and flattened to make one chop instead of two.
Their swoon-some shape are just perfect for showing you care.
How To Make Lamb Valentine Steaks with Redcurrant and Orange Sauce:
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: Under 20 minutes
- 4 lean lamb valentine steaks, cutlets or chops
- 2tsp rapeseed oil
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 2tsp ground coriander
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 150ml good, hot lamb stock
- Grated zest and juice of ½ orange
- 1tbsp redcurrant jelly or cranberry sauce
How To Make:
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick griddle pan. Mix the seasoning and coriander together. Dust the steaks on both sides with the mixture.
- Cook for 6-8 minutes on each side. Transfer to a warm plate and leave to rest.
- Meanwhile, to make the sauce; in the same pan cook the onions for 2-3 minutes. Add the stock, orange zest and juice and redcurrant jelly or cranberry sauce.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce is thick. Pour any meat juices from the plate to the pan with the sauce.
- Serve the steaks with herb mash and steamed curly kale or broccoli.
Recipe courtesy of Tasty Easy Lamb
What do you think of this Lamb Valentine Steaks with Redcurrant and Orange Sauce recipe?
Fancy making it for someone special?
For more Valentines day starts, dinner recipes, special treats, drinks recipes and Valentine’s Day tips check out my other Valentines Day posts here: Special Valentines Day Ideas.