Fancy making this Lemon Elderflower Cheesecake?
This spectacular cheesecake is perfect for a special occasion.
Preparation 40 minutes, plus 2 hours setting and decorating
- 75g butter
- 150g digestive biscuits, crushed
- 60ml just-boiled water
- 1 x 11g sachet powdered gelatine
- 3tbsp elderflower cordial
- 500g cream cheese
- 50g Tate & Lyle Caster Sugar
- 3tbsp lemon and elderflower marmalade
- 200ml double cream
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- Whipped double cream, lemon slices and a few mint leaves
- 2-3tbsp lemon and elderflower marmalade, warmed
How to make this recipe:
1. Melt the butter in a large saucepan. Remove from the heat and stir in the crushed biscuit crumbs. Press in an even layer over the base of a 20cm loose-based cake tin or deep flan dish. Transfer to the refrigerator and chill for at least 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, pour 60ml of just-boiled water into a measuring jug. Sprinkle in the powdered gelatine, stirring to disperse. Leave to dissolve completely for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. When the liquid is clear, stir in the elderflower cordial.
3. Beat the cream cheese and sugar together until softened, then fold in the marmalade. In a separate bowl, whip the cream until thick, but not stiff. Fold into the cream cheese mixture with the finely grated lemon zest, using a large metal spoon or rubber spatula – do not beat at this stage.
4. Pour the cooled gelatine liquid into the mixture in a thin, steady stream, stirring whilst you do so. Make sure that it is thoroughly incorporated. Pour over the chilled biscuit base. Cover and refrigerate until set – about 2 hours.
5. Carefully remove the cheesecake from the cake tin. Decorate with whipped double cream, lemon slices and a few mint leaves. Just before serving, spoon the warmed marmalade on top.
Cook’s tip: You could make the cheesecake the day before it’s needed, so that you’re nicely prepared.
Lemon Elderflower Cheesecake recipe courtesy of Tate & Lyle Sugar:
This recipe is made using Tate & Lyle Sugars, for more delicious recipes visit Taste And Smile.