I love making up nice and tasty pie recipe. My Husband loves a tasty pie now and them.
Today I have a delisious recipe to share with you.
Fancy trying out this LOVE life chicken and leek patchwork pie recipe?
Preparation time:20 minutes
Cooking time:50 minutes
LOVE Life Chicken And Leek Patchwork Pie:
- Olive oil spray
- 500g leeks, sliced
- 400g British chicken breast chunks
- 250ml chicken stock
- 250ml skimmed milk, plus extra for brushing
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 300g frozen peas
- 300g frozen broccoli florets, defrosted slightly and cut into smaller pieces
- 30g reduced fat soft cheese with garlic & herbs
- ½ x 320g pack Jus-Rol light puff pastry sheet
How To Make:
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Spray a large saucepan with oil and cook the leeks and chicken for 5 minutes until the leeks are softened and the chicken golden.
2. Add the stock and milk, bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through with no pink meat. Add the sauce flour to the pan, bring to the boil and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring until smooth and thickened.
3. Stir in the peas, broccoli and soft cheese, then tip into an ovenproof pie dish. Sit the dish on a baking sheet.
4. Cut the pastry into 12 squares and arrange on top of the filling – the pastry should overlap a little in places but not cover the filling completely.
5. Brush the pastry squares with milk and bake for 25-30 minutes until the pastry is golden and the filling is piping hot.
Recipe courtesy of Waitrose. Find more healthy eating recipes at Waitrose
What do you think of this LOVE Life Chicken And Leek Patchwork Pie recipe?
Fancy trying some?
Letus know in the comments below if you get to make this recipe.