Hope you had a lovely weekend?
How delicious does this bowl look? Full of healthy vitamins and bursting with beautiful colours.
Want to try this Mexican Quinoa & Kale Bowl anyone?
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
How To Make A Mexican Quinoa & Kale Bowl:
- 175g quinoa
- 500ml hot chicken stock
- 250g pack Kale
- 1 tbsp oil
- 300g chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp mild chilli powder
- 400g can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 200g pack fresh tomato salsa
- 227g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 tbsp chilli sauce
- 1 lime
How To Make:
- Cook the quinoa in stock for 15 minutes, drain off any excess liquid. Meanwhile, cook the kale in boiling water for 5 minutes, drain and stir into the quinoa and season. Place in the base of a heatproof serving bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil and fry the chicken and chilli powder for 5-6 minutes, add the kidney beans, salsa and tomatoes and cook for 1 minute or until the chicken is cooked throughout. Spoon on top of the quinoa.
- Mash the avocado with the chilli sauce and juice of half the lime, season and spoon over the chicken. Serve with the remaining half lime cut into wedges.
- Try using couscous or bulgar wheat instead of quinoa and use minced beef instead of chicken. For extra chilli heat, use hot chilli powder.
Recipe c/o Discover Kale
What do you think of this How To Make Mexican Quinoa & Kale Bowl Recipe?
Fancy trying it out?
You might also like these recipes from Discover Kale:
Hearty Kale Soup:
Are you looking for a nice and healthy soup recipe to keep you warm on a cold Winters day?
Fancy making some hearty kale soup?
Perfect for serving in a mug on cold Winter days.
Fancy trying this Hearty Kale Soup recipe?
Regale Your Dining Table With Kale This Spring:
Here are 3 tasty Kale recipes.
With an earthy, fresh and vibrant flavour and brimming with health benefits, kale is a delicious addition to a host of spring dishes.
Its versatility and flavour profile means it complements a range of cuisines; from Mediterranean to Moroccan.
For colourful, easy and healthy dining options this spring, bag some kale and regale your dining table with the green this spring. Regale Your Dining Table With Kale This Spring.