Now Winter is in full swing it has me eating lots of warming soups.
How about you?
Do you like keeping warm by eating lots of soup too?
Today I have a very tasty homemade soup recipe to share with you:
Onion & couscous soup
Preparation time:10 minutes
Cooking time:1 hours
How To Make Onion & Couscous Soup:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 15g butter
- 1kg pack onions, finely sliced
- ¼–½ tsp ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1–2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1.5 litres boiling vegetable stock
- 25g couscous
- Grated cheddar, to serve (optional)
How To Make:
1. Heat the oil and butter in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the onions and ground spices, cover and cook, stirring often, for 20 minutes until browned. Stir in the chilli and cinnamon and cook for a further 5 minutes.
2. Pour in the stock, bring to the boil then simmer, still covered, for 20 minutes. Add the couscous and cook for 10 minutes more.
3. Remove the cinnamon and season to taste. Serve with grated cheese, if you wish.
Recipe courtesy of Waitrose. Find more healthy eating recipes at Waitrose.
What do you think of this Onion & Couscous Soup?
Fancy making some?
You might also like:
Spicy Sausage Soup:
Fancy making some Spicy Sausage Soup too?
Squash and Coconut Soup with Toasted Hemp Seeds:
Or a nice and tasty Squash and Coconut Soup with Toasted Hemp Seeds (created by Madeline Shaw and Linwoods).
Hearty Kale Soup:
Or maybe you fancy making some hearty kale soup. Perfect for serving in a mug on cold days.
What is your all-time favourite soup?
I think mine is chicken. Yum!!
Share your thoughts in the comments below and do not forget to let us know if you get to try any of these recipes.