Peanut Butter Pancakes With Salted Caramel Popcorn Sauce anyone!?
Yes, indulgent! And yes, delicious!!
Preparation 20 minutes
Cooking 20 minutes
How To Make Peanut Butter Pancakes With Salted Caramel Popcorn Sauce:
- 200g self-raising flour
- 50g peanut butter powder
- 2tsp Tate & Lyle Muscovado Sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs
- 100g Greek-style natural yogurt
- 300ml milk
- A little vegetable oil, for cooking
For The Sauce And Topping:
- 100g Lyle’s Golden Syrup
- 100g Tate & Lyle Muscovado Sugar
- 80g butter
- 2tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 80g salted popcorn
How To Make This Recipe:
1. Preheat the oven to150°C/Fan 130°C/Gas Mark 2.
2. Put the flour, peanut butter powder, 2tsp Tate & Lyle Muscovado Sugar and salt into a large mixing bowl. Crack in the eggs and add the yogurt and milk. Use a whisk to beat the ingredients together to make a smooth batter.
3. Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add 2-3 drops of oil. Ladle in about one-eight of the batter and cook gently until bubbles appear and set on the surface after about 1 minute. Flip over to cook the other side, then transfer to sheets of kitchen paper. Make 8 small pancakes altogether, adding a few more drops of oil to the frying pan with each one.
4. Stack the pancakes on a heatproof serving plate, cover with foil and place in the oven to keep warm while you make the sauce.
5. Put the Lyle’s Golden Syrup into a saucepan with the Tate & Lyle Muscovado Sugar, butter and peanut butter. Heat gently until melted and smooth, then cook over a low heat for 1-2 minutes. Add a handful of the popcorn.
6 Serve the pancake stack with extra popcorn, with the sauce poured over them. To serve, cut the stack into wedges with a sharp knife and transfer to serving plates.
Cook’s Tip: You’ll find peanut butter powder in most supermarkets and health food stores.
Recipe c/o Lyle’s Golden Syrup. This recipe is made using Lyle’s Golden Syrup, for more delicious recipes visit Lyles Golden Syrup.
What do you think of these Peanut Butter Pancakes With Salted Caramel Popcorn Sauce?
Fancy making some?