Are you looking for something a little different for dinner tonight?
Fancy trying out these Potato and Salmon balls with Mozzarella?
Makes 6 balls
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time : 15 Minutes
Potato And Salmon Balls With Mozzarella:
- 120g Maris piper/Rooster, peeled and cubed
- 1 tin of pink salmon, drained
- zest of ½ lemon
- 30g mozzarella cheese, cut into 6 cubes
- 1 egg beaten
- 20g plain flour
- 20g polenta
For the sauce:
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 large, very ripe tomatoes (not beef toms)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 basil leaves
- 1tbsp olive oil
How to do it:
- Cook the potatoes in salted boiling water for 7-8 minutes until tender. Drain, mash and cool.
- In a mixing bowl add the cooled potato, drained tinned salmon, lemon zest and a little seasoning. Divided the mixture into 6 balls. Place a ball in the palm of your hands and push a piece of the mozzarella into the centre, then form back into a ball.
- Toss the ball in the flour, followed by the egg and then into the polenta. Repeat the process so you have a double layer on each ball.
- Cook the balls in a pre-heated oven, 190*c / gas 4 for about 12-15 minutes
- To make the sauce fry the onion and garlic over a low-ish heat in the the olive oil until soft. Add the copped tomatoes and bring to the boil. Tear in the basil. If you want a smooth sauce you can blend it or you can leave it as it coarse.
- Serve with fresh crisp salad.
Recipe c/o Love Potatoes. ‘Potatoes: more than a bit on the side’ campaign.
What do you think of the Potato And Salmon Balls With Mozzarella?
Fancy making some?
Share your thoughts in the comments below.
Try now or pin for later.