Are you looking for a nice and tasty meat-free recipe today?
If so, you have stopped by the right place.
Today I am sharing a Quorn Meat Free Cottage Pie recipe with you.
How To Make A Quorn Meat Free Cottage Pie:
- 350g Quorn Meat Free Mince
- 1 tbsp olive oil (Quorn just needs to be added to the sauce, so the recipe requires about 50% less oil than you would usually use)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 100g frozen peas or mixed veg
- 400ml vegetable stock
- 1 dessert spoon vegetarian Worcestershire Sauce (optional)
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tbsp salt reduced soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cornflour, mixed to a paste in 1 tbsp cold water
- 700g potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 225g parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp semi-skimmed milk
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
How To Make:
- Preheat the oven to 180C, Gas Mark 4
- Boil the potatoes and parsnip until tender. Drain and set aside
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a saucepan, add the onion and the carrot and fry gently until softened
- Add the Quorn Mince, frozen veg, vegetable stock, vegetarian Worcestershire sauce, tomato puree, soy sauce and seasoning. Simmer for 5 minutes and then add the cornflour made into a paste with the tablespoon of cold water and continue to simmer gently, stirring all the time, until thickened. Place in an ovenproof dish
- Mash the potatoes and parsnip with the milk until smooth, season to taste with salt and pepper. Place the topping over the Quorn Mince filling and fluff up with a fork
- Bake for 20 minutes until the topping is crisp
- Serve with a selection of fresh vegetables
Recipe courtesy of Quorn Meat Free
What do you think of this Quorn Meat Free Cottage Pie?
Fancy trying some?