Are you looking for some meat-free recipes? Full of yummy vegetables?
Today I am sharing this Meat Free Quick Chilli Con Carne from Quorn. A perfect recipe for trying now or for adding to your meat-free Monday meal plan lists. The great thing about this recipe is that if you do not have all the vegetables to hand you can replace they with a different one you have in your cupboard or fridge.
For the topping:
- 300g Quorn Meat Free Mince
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, very finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- 1 tsp chilli puree
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 400g can kidney beans in chilli sauce
- 3 tbsp tomato puree
- 200ml vegetable stock (made with 1 stock cube)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 heaped tablespoon fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, over a medium high heat cook the onion for 3 minutes. Add the garlic, chilli puree and smoked paprika and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the kidney beans, tomato puree, vegetable stock and mince. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season to taste and stir in the fresh coriander.
- Serve with nachos over a jacket potato or with rice.
Recipe courtesy of Quorn Meat Free.
What do you think?
Fancy trying out this meat-free quick Chilli Con Carne recipe out?
Here are some more Meat Free Mondays recipe ideas:
How about trying these Quorn Meat Free Mince Fruit Burgers out? All served up on a nice plate of salad.
Or maybe an Easy Firecracker Flatbread Pizza with hot, hot chilli’s rings on top?
An all time classic, with a meat-free twist. Quorn Meat Free Cottage Pie full of yummy seasonal vegetables.
Fancy trying any of these meat-free recipes out? Let me know in the comments below if you do.