Hello and happy Thursday.
Any fun plans for the rest of the week?
With Valentines Day just over a month away, it has me thinking of tasty food and drink ideas.
How sweet are these Salmon Terrine Hearts? A perfect Valentine starter if you are making a meal for someone you love!?
Salmon Terrines filled with Primula Smoked Salmon and mascarpone:
A luxurious starter, the creamy filling pairs perfectly with the crunch of the cucumber and the zing of the lemon.
Serves: 2 individual terrines
How To Make Salmon Terrine Hearts:
What you’ll need:
- 150g sliced smoked salmon
- 150g tube Primula Cheese with Smoked Salmon (available at Asda)
- 100g mascarpone
- ½ a Cucumber finely sliced
- 1 Tsp. of finely chopped dill, plus some sprigs to garnish
- 1 Lemon
- ½ a lemon, zest
- ½ to Serve
How To Make:
- Line a heart-shaped mould with slices of smoked salmon, ensuring all sides are completely covered and there is enough overhanging to cover the top, once filled.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the Primula Cheese with Smoked Salmon and mascarpone then add dill, lemon zest and remaining salmon pieces, continue to mix to create your beautiful mousse filling.
- Spoon the mousse into the lined moulds, making sure there are no air bubbles. Fold the overhanging salmon over the top of the mousse, and use the spare pieces to fill in any gaps.
- Wrap in cling film and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Garnish with pea shoots and cucumber slices accompanied with a twist of lemon.
Recipe courtesy of Primula Cheese – perfect for Valentine’s Day.
What do you think of these Salmon Terrine Hearts?
Fancy making some?
You might also like these other Valentines ideas: Valentines Day Posts.
As always, share your comments in the comment box below and let us know if you get to try this recipe.