Have you ever mixed them together in one pie?
Fancy making a Sausage And Kale Pie?
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
How To Make A Sausage And Kale Pie:
You will need:
- 700g King Edward potatoes, cut into large chunks
- 25g butter
- 50ml semi-skimmed milk
- 250g pack Kale
- 1 tbsp oil
- 450g sausagemeat
- 1 onion, sliced (150g)
- 1 eating apple, cored and sliced (175g)
How To Make:
- Preheat the oven to 200oC, gas mark 6.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water for 10-12 minutes or until tender, drain and return to the pan, mash with the butter and milk then season.
- Meanwhile, cook the kale in boiling water for 3 minutes, drain. Roughly chop half and stir into the mash.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the sausagemeat, onion and apple for 4-5 minutes, breaking up the sausagemeat. Stir in the remaining kale and transfer to an ovenproof dish. Spoon over the kale mash and bake for 30 minutes until golden.
- Try using sweet potato instead of potato for a change. Try using a pack of flavoured sausages instead, just remove the skin and fry with the onion and apple.
Recipe c/o Discover Kale
What do you think of this Sausage And Kale Pie recipe?
Fancy making some?
You might also like:
Salmon and Kale Filo Pie:
Are you looking for something a little different for you mid-week dinner?
Fancy making a Salmon And Kale Filo Pie?
This fish pie recipe will be a family favourite, and you can rest assured that your dinner is low in saturated fat and salt too. You can replace the kale with spinach if you’d prefer – or go half and half.
Hearty Kale Soup:
Are you looking for a nice and healthy soup recipe to keep you warm on a cold Winters day?
Fancy making some Hearty Kale Soup?