Seville Marmalade, Cheddar And Chilli Muffins.
Sweet or savoury!?
Why not try a bit of both in one muffin!!
Fancy trying out these Seville Marmalade, Cheddar And Chilli Muffins?
Enjoy these wonderful savoury-sweet muffins with their kick of fresh chilli.
How To Make Seville Marmalade, Cheddar And Chilli Muffins:
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 25 minutes
- 250g plain flour
- 1tbsp baking powder
- 1/2tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 240ml milk
- 100g butter, melted
- 3tbsp Seville Orange Marmalade (chop the shreds if chunky)
- 150g grated carrot
- 80g mature Cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 1tsp finely chopped fresh red chilli
- Freshly ground black pepper
How To Make This Recipe:
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C, fan oven 170°C Gas Mark 5. Place 9 muffin cases into a muffin tin.
2. Sift the flour and baking powder into a large mixing bowl and stir in the salt. Break the egg into a jug and beat in the milk. Add the melted butter and marmalade and stir well.
3. Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture. Using a metal spoon, stir until the ingredients are just combined, adding the carrot, cheese, chilli and black pepper with the final stokes. You must not beat this mixture or stir it too much. It should be quite lumpy, but there should be no traces of dry flour.
4. Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases. Bake for 22-25 minutes until risen and golden. Serve while warm.
- Always use proper cooks measuring spoons and level them off for accurate results. Remember, the secret of successful muffins is to avoid over-mixing when adding the wet ingredients to the dry ones – just stir until combined.
Seville Marmalade, Cheddar And Chilli Muffins recipe courtesy of Tate & Lyle Sugar. This recipe is made using Tate & Lyle Sugars, for more delicious recipes visit Taste And Smile.
For more cupcake ideas click here: Cup Cake Recipes.
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest: