Kickoff Super Bowl with the Ultimate Authentic American Snacks from French’s® Mustard and Frank’s RedHot®.
The biggest night of the year for sport, entertainment and celebs is almost here – the Super Bowl is back on 5th February.
One of the most watched events of the year globally, it’s the perfect excuse to grab your mates for a four-hour sporting feast. Some of you may not last the night, some might forget to book the Monday off work, but the guys at French’s® Mustard and Frank’s RedHot® are on hand to ensure you don’t ‘fumble’ over your Super Bowl snacks.
From the Ultimate Buffalo Wings to Mustard Bagel Dogs, do like they do across the pond and feast your way through each quarter of the game, and the highly anticipated half-time show.
Super Bowl Sunday Party Food: Ultimate Authentic American Snacks:
Frank’s Ultimate Buffalo Chicken Wings:
The ULTIMATE wings recipe for the game of the year. An estimated 1.25bn chicken wings are eaten by Americans during the Super Bowl.
- 175 ml Frank’s RedHot® Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1.25 kg chicken wings
- Pre-heat the oven to 260°C.
- Bake the wings in a foil-lined pan on the lowest oven rack for 20 to 25 minutes until crispy, turning once.
- Toss wings in sauce to coat.
Alternate Cooking methods:
- Deep-fry the chicken wings at 190°C for 10 minute, or BBQ over medium heat for 20 minutes, turning often.
- You could combine 125 ml Frank’s RedHot® Original Sauce with 75ml melted butter, to create an authentic American flavour for the Buffalo Wings Sauce.
Mustard Bagel Dogs:
Similar to a sausage roll, this takes into play the Americans love of bagel dough. No one would blame you for ‘Going for Two’.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20-25 minutes
- 220g ready-made pizza dough
- 2tsp French’s® Classic Yellow Mustard
- 10 hot dog sausages, drained if canned
- 1 beaten egg
- 1tbsp. black onion seeds (nigella)
- 1tbsp. sesame seeds
- 2tsp. French’s® Classic Yellow Sweet Mustard
- 60g mayonnaise
- Knead the French’s® Classic Yellow Mustard into the pizza dough until evenly distributed then lightly dust the work surface with flour and roll out to rectangle approximately 20cmx30cm.
- Cut the dough into 10 strips. Roll a strip round one of the hot dogs spiralling it along the sausage to the end. Set aside whilst repeating with the rest of the hot dogs.
- Preheat the oven to fan 190C. Bring a large shallow pan of water to the boil. Add the bagel dogs a couple at a time and boil for 1 minute. Remove from the pan and drain on kitchen paper whilst cooking the remaining dogs.
- Place the black onion and sesame seeds on a plate. Brush the dogs with beaten egg and roll them in the seeds until evenly coated.
- Bake on a lightly greased tray for 15-20 minutes until golden and puffed up.
- Combine the French’s® Classic Yellow Sweet Mustard and the mayonnaise and use as a dip for the warm bagel dogs.
All American Potato Skins with RedHot Salsa:
Tackle those cheese cravings with these crispy potato skins with creamy, cheesy macaroni.
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
- 4 frozen, ready cooked jacket potatoes
- 125g dry macaroni
- 550ml semi skimmed milk
- 1tbsp. French’s® Classic Yellow Mustard
- 110g mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 150g tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2tbsp. chopped parsley
- 2tsp. Frank’s RedHot® Original sauce or Frank’s RedHot® Chilli n Lime sauce
- Halve the jacket potatoes lengthways and scoop out the flesh leaving half cm with the skin – you can use the potato flesh as mash another day. Lay the skins on a baking sheet.
- Preheat the oven to 200C fan. Place the macaroni and milk in a saucepan over a medium heat and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and gently simmer, stirring occasionally to prevent it sticking, for 7-10 minutes until just cooked and thickened. Remove from the heat and stir in the mustard, half the cheese and the spring onions.
- Spoon the macaroni cheese into the potato skins, scatter over the remaining cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and crisp.
- To make the salsa, combine the tomatoes with the onion, parsley and Frank’s RedHot® and serve alongside the skins.
- For extra crunch scatter with French’s® Crispy Onions just before serving.
Spin Wheel Sausage Rolls:
Frank’s RedHot® Original Sauce gives these sausage rolls a kick of heat. Dive in with a beer in hand.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
- 2tbsp. Frank’s RedHot® Original Sauce plus 1 tsp
- 350g sausage meat
- 1 x 375g ready rolled puff pastry sheet
- Beaten egg to glaze
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Lightly grease a baking tray.
- Combine the Frank’s RedHot® Original Sauce with the sausage meat – its easiest to do this with your hands – ensuring it is mixed throughout.
- Unroll the pastry sheet leaving it on the paper. Spread the meat all over the pastry.
- Use a pizza wheel or long knife to cut 15 strips around 2cm wide. Loosely roll up the strip and transfer to the baking tray lying them flat.
- Stir the extra tsp of Frank’s RedHot® Original Sauce into the beaten egg and generously brush each pin wheel.
- Cook for 20 minutes until golden.
- Cool and serve warm or chill and pack for your picnic. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days or pack and freeze.
Recipes and images courtesy of French’s® Mustard and Frank’s RedHot®