Fancy making this Teriyaki Salmon Bento Box?
Product: Pyrex Cook & Go
How To Make A Teriyaki Salmon Bento Box:
- 150g Japanese sushi rice
- 210g water
- Nori seaweed
- Sesame seeds
- 260g salmon (two portions of salmon)
- 40g soy sauce
- 40g mirin
- 20g sugar
- 1 tbsp plain vegetable oil
- 180g spinach
- Soy sauce
- Sesame oil
- Japanese pickles
- Sesame seeds to garnish
How To Make:
1. Rinse the rice to remove excess starch and drain well. Add water and let the rice soak for at least 20 mins in a small saucepan.
2. Bring the rice to a boil and once the water recedes below the level of the rice turn the heat to lowest setting possible and cover the pan tightly to trap in the steam. Cook for further 5 minutes on the lowest heat setting then turn the heat off and let it steam for a further 10 minutes.
3. Uncover and fluff the rice up. When the rice is cool enough to handle, roll it into balls, wrap with nori seaweed and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
4. Make the teriyaki marinade by mixing the soy sauce, mirin and sugar until the sugar is all dissolved. Marinate the salmon for at least 30 minutes.
5. Remove the salmon from the teriyaki and fry on a medium heat.
6. When it is nearly cooked, tip in the teriyaki marinade into the pan. Spoon the teriyaki over the salmon as it thickens. Remove from the pan and coat the rest of the teriyaki onto the salmon.
7. Blanch and cool the spinach. Dress with a few drops of soy sauce, sesame oil and sliced pickles.
Recipe c/o Pyrex.
What do you think of this Teriyaki Salmon Bento Box?
Fancy making one?
As always, join the conversation and share your thoughts in the comments below ↓