7 Ways To Stay Warm And Cosy For The Rest Of Winter…

Brrr, Winter!!

Over the last few days, we have had some lovely sunshine in the daytime, but it is still so cold out there!

How many weeks of Winter is left!? 6 ish?

Today I am sharing 7 Ways To Stay Warm And Cosy for the rest of Winter.

7 Ways To Stay Warm And Cosy For The Rest Of Winter:1.) Plenty of nice warm drinks:

A yummy hot chocolate. A few cups of coffee or cappuccino.

Plenty cups of steaming hot tea, fruit tea or hot water with lemon in. ☕

Warm drinks are one of my essentials in the colder months. Hug in a mug and all that jazz.

2.) Wrap up warm:

Snuggly and warm jumpers.

Layering up lots of your lighter weight clothes and warm, cosy & fluffy socks.

Wearing dresses?

Why not wear some legging over warm tights tucked them all away into your boots.

3.) Going for a run.

🏃 Now, this is a hard one at first.

It is nice and warm inside and so; so cold outside.

The trick is not to think about the weather too much.

Get changed as quickly as you can. Pop your running clothes on, a waterproof running jacket, hat and gloves.

Have a little stretch or dance around in the house so you start to feel warm.

Go outside and lock the door; so there is no turning back and go for a little jog.

Pick up the pace if you are cold.

It will be cold at first but you will soon warm up.

Then you will come home with a nice warm glow on your face when you step back inside.

4.) Layer up when going outside:

Wear jumpers topped with fluffy, cosy or warm jackets and a nice hat and gloves too when going outside.

Wrapping up warm whenever and wherever you go.

You can easily get a chill or fever without them.

I should know, it happened to me when I forgot to wear my hat and gloves.

I like to wrap up cosy and warm when I am going for a nice long walk with Mollie the collie.

At first, I think oh no not walkies again, it’s too cold.

Once I am out on a brisk walk I start to feel nice and warm.

Getting out makes you feel loads better too.

I also think of the greatest ideas when walking too.

Pity I don’t write them down as they are forgotten about when I get home!!

5.) Listening to your favourite music:

Have a dance around the kitchen when no one is looking.

Moving around quickly warm you up lovely. 💃

Having your favourite tunes in when you are making dinner really does pop a smile on your face too!

6.) Cleaning up:

Hoovering up always warms me up.

I usually have to take a layer or 2 off when hoovering the stairs.

Moving furniture around in a room can even make you sweat.

A kitchen table, a sofa or a bed. It is amazing what a change around can look like too.

7.) Have a dressing gown to hand:

A dressing gown is a perfect item of clothing to warm you up for 10 minutes at any time of day.

Mine is like an oversized blanket that I can wrap around me and keep me warm and snuggly.

Not just for night time!?

You can simply wrap it around you when no one is home when you are feeling chilly and the heating is off.

Plus no one can see you wearing it.

Simple and quick to remove it if the postman is at the door too!

Not sure it is a good idea to be seen outside in it though, like the woman I saw last week at lunchtime!

The neighbours might start talking!!

Hope you enjoyed my 7 Ways To Stay Warm And Cosy For The Rest Of Winter post?

How do you stay warm and cosy?

Let us know in the comments below so we can all share our ideas.

Claire Justine

Find me on: Web | Twitter | Facebook

1. Lauretta C Wright
    9th February 2017 / 1:34 pm

Oh that's funny! I listen to music and dance around to keep myself warm sometimes. I'm also hoping to burn off some of those extra calories of course!

2. Jen Robertson-Peverley
    9th February 2017 / 1:57 pm

Your list is the kind of things I usually do. My husband was laughing at me the other night, because I wrapped myself up in the fur throw from the sofa and went to get a drink from the kitchen. It made sense to me. Will be nice when Spring starts to make an appearance.

3. Five Little Doves
    9th February 2017 / 9:28 pm

You'll need to surgically remove me from my dressing gown by the time that winter is through! I'm never out of it!

4. Michele Morin
    10th February 2017 / 1:40 am

I love scarves and throw them on over everything in the winter!

5. Kara Guppy
    10th February 2017 / 7:41 am

I need to find a fruit tea I like as I like the thought of them but haven't found a nice one yet

6. chickenruby
    10th February 2017 / 9:08 am

oh my, i'm staying warm at the moment by sitting outside in the sun. i live in Dubai, it's winter and there is ever such a slight chill inside the house…..lol. Popping over from PoCoLo

7. Stone Cottage Adventures
    10th February 2017 / 10:39 am

Great tips! -Marci @ Stone Cottage AdventuresPoCoLo

8. Zena's Suitcase
    10th February 2017 / 1:08 pm

It's been so cold these last few days, with snow even. I always reach for my dressing gown, it does the trick

9. Autumn's Mummy
    10th February 2017 / 1:11 pm

Brrr, I'm definitely going to be doing some of these today – it's so cold! #WeekendBlogHop

10. Stella Olojola
    10th February 2017 / 5:28 pm

Wow it is painfully cold today. Really struggling to stay warm. Lovely post.

11. Emma Oxley
    10th February 2017 / 7:04 pm

A nice hot bath, snuggly pyjamas and a cup of tea. Oh and my electric blanket in bed is a godsend!

12. Talya
    10th February 2017 / 7:27 pm

We really need these tips after today's insanely cold weather. My dressing gown is literally my best friend at the moment I keep it right by my bed for an instant extra layer the minute I get up.

13. Welsh Cakes and Wellies
    10th February 2017 / 8:25 pm

Wouldn't be without my snug fleece lined cable knit throw, it's in the lounge and doubles up as my cosy blanket, fire on and a glass of red wine. Nice and snug! Love your winter warmers 🙂

14. Anosa Malanga
    11th February 2017 / 9:47 am

When I am home I always have my dressing gown on and a summer duvet in place of a fleece blanket on my couch lol

15. Mary Goodger
    12th February 2017 / 5:02 pm

Oh I love this 🙂 I enjoy winter because I can get as snuggly as possible and enjoy warm drinks without getting overheated! I have a big, super-thick dressing gown that I throw on whenever I'm alone and the heating is off. I also have a ridiculously cute water bottle… And now that I mention it, I should go fill 'er up and put it at my feet as I sit here at my window-side desk!#PoCoLowww.goddess-within.me

16. Helena TheQueenofCollage
    12th February 2017 / 7:31 pm

Love this post. I do many of these things except for the run. #PoCoLo

17. Chloe/Life Unexpected
    13th February 2017 / 9:11 pm

I love this Claire! I especially love the dancing around to your favourite music bit. I quite like the cold, just for the excuse of wrapping up warm and having cosy hot drinks. x

18. Stephanie Robinson
    19th February 2017 / 2:53 pm

Slippers! To go with the dressing gown and because we've wood floors that are cold, so they're an essential in our house I've big fluffy ones for the winter. Not long left now, and there's signs of Spring emerging thankfully. Thanks for sharing with #PoCoLo x