Coconut Chocolate Mousse anyone?
Are you looking for a mousse recipe to make? Today I am sharing this recipe with you. A perfect after dinner treat.
How To Make A Coconut Chocolate Mousse:
Recipe and image’s courtesy of Onken
- 85g dark chocolate, 70%
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 50g Onken Coconut yogurt
- Grated dark chocolate and toasted coconut shavings for decoration (optional)
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and place into a bowl that will fit over a pan of simmering water. Mix the cocoa and vanilla with 2 tbsp cold water, and pour over the chocolate. Place the bowl over the gently simmering water, give it all a stir, then remove from the heat.
- Leave with the bowl of chocolate still over the water and stir occasionally until melted. Once melted, add 2 tbsp boiling water and stir to thin the chocolate down and leave to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile whisk the egg whites to soft peaks, then add the sugar and whisk again until thick and glossy. Beat the coconut yogurt into the cooled chocolate. Gently fold about one-third of the egg whites into the chocolate mix using a large metal spoon. Add the remaining egg whites and carefully fold them in until fully combined, being careful not to over-mix.
- Spoon the mousse into 4 small glasses and chill for a couple of hours, or overnight. When ready to eat, remove from the fridge and finish with a grating of dark chocolate and a few toasted coconut shavings.
What do you think of this Coconut Chocolate Mousse recipe?
Fancy making some?
Join the conversation and let me know your thoughts in the comments or over on Twitter if you get to make it.
Try now or pin for later.