If you like the café style fruit pots you’ll love this simple breakfast dish – a crunchy oat and nut topping sprinkled over fresh berries and natural yoghurt.
Much healthier than shop bought versions which are often loaded with sugar.
By using Nairn’s Gluten Free Porridge Oats this breakfast dish is ideal for Coeliacs as it has all the goodness of a gluten-free breakfast option.
It’s the perfect naturally energising and nutritious start to the day that can also be a tasty afternoon snack or dessert.
How To Make Berry Yoghurt Crisp:
Suitable for: Vegetarians, Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Soy Free, Egg Free
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Storage: The oat topping can be made in advance and kept in an airtight container for 1 week.
- 15g / ½ oz desiccated coconut
- 2tbsp macadamia nuts, chopped
- 2tbsp cashew nuts, chopped
- 1tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 50g/ 1 ¾ oz Nairn’s gluten free porridge oats
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2tbsp apple juice
- 60g / 2oz fresh blueberries
- 60g / 2oz fresh raspberries
- 75g / 3oz strawberries, sliced
- 150g / 5oz Natural yogurt
1. Place the coconut, nuts, seeds and oats in a bowl. Sprinkle over the ground cinnamon. Pour in the oil and apple juice and stir to combine.
2. Heat a non-stick frying pan and add the oat mixture. Toast over a low heat for 5 minutes stirring frequently until golden brown. Allow to cool.
3. Mix the berries together in a small bowl.
4. Spoon the berries into four glasses or bowl and top with a spoonful of yogurt. Sprinkle over the oat mixture and serve.
Recipe and image courtesy of Nairn’s
Nutritional Information per serving
* Calories: 243kcal
* Protein: 7g
* Carbohydrates: 15.5g of which sugars 6.7g
* Total Fat 17g of which saturates 4.4g
Nutritional Information per 100g
* Calories 185kcal
* Protein: 5.3g
* Carbohydrates 11.8g of which sugars 5.1g
* Total fat: 12.9g of which saturates 3.4g