Blueberry & Almond Porridge Bake anyone?
Porridge is amazing and there is nothing wrong with eating it every day of the week. In fact, we totally encourage it – it’s a way of life here at Stoats.
When it comes to the weekend though wanting to take it up a notch is only natural.
Forget the conventional hob for now, this porridge is baked!
As impressive as it looks it’s the easiest thing in the world to throw together and will make your kitchen smell awesome.
By baking the berries and nuts into the porridge you’ll get juicy flavour bursts and moreish crunch in each and every spoonful. Simply delicious!
How To Make Blueberry & Almond Porridge Bake:
- 200 grams Stoats unique Scottish porridge
- 200 grams blueberries
- 60 grams roughly chopped almonds
- 1 lemon, zested
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 500 millilitres milk of choice
- Drizzling of Honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
How To Make:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the unique blend oats, lemon zest, cinnamon, and milk, allowing it all to soak for 10 minutes.
- Lightly grease a ceramic dish or tray with coconut oil. This will help you avoid a hefty washing up job later!
- Combine the soaked oat mixture with most of the berries and almonds, retaining some of each.
- Transfer everything to the dish, and sprinkle the remaining berries and almonds on top. Dot little bits of coconut oil over the surface as evenly as you can, and finally swirl a spoonful or two of honey over all that oatty goodness.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve the bake into bowls and top with extra honey, a few fresh blueberries, and cold cream.
Recipe and image courtesy of Stoats
What do you think of this How To Make Blueberry & Almond Porridge Bake recipe?
Fancy trying this recipe out?