Hello and happy Friday. The weekend is just around the corner.
Are you looking for a weekend treat?
How about making this Brazilian Prawn Stew for dinner?
Bringing the flavours of Rio, this flavoursome one pot prawn stew is quick and easy to make for a light weeknight meal.
How To Make Brazilian Prawn Stew:
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 3 sticks of celery, finely sliced
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and sliced
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 large tomatoes, skinned & chopped
- 6 spring onions, chopped into 2cm chunks
- 400ml coconut milk
- 150ml vegetable stock
- 150g raw king prawns
- Small bunch coriander
- 1 lemon
What to do:
- In a large saucepan heat the oil over a medium heat and gently cook the celery and pepper for 4-5 minutes with the lid on, stirring occasionally, until it starts to soften.
- Add the garlic, chilli and cayenne and stir. After a minute stir in the tomatoes and spring onions. Cook for 3-4 minutes then add the coconut milk and stock. Bring to the boil.
- Add the prawns and season. Simmer gently for 5-6 mins until the prawns are cooked. Check the seasoning then divide the stew between two bowls and top with coriander and a squeeze of lemon.
- Serve with rice or a chunk of bread.
Recipe and image Love The Crunch
What do you think of this How To Make Brazilian Prawn Stew recipe post?
Fancy making this recipe?
Share your thoughts in the comments below.
If you love prawns, you may also like some of these prawn recipes here: Tasty Prawns Recipes.
If you are looking for a new breakfast recipe, do not forget to stop by tomorrow as I am sharing a How To Make BerryWorld Overnight Oats with Raspberry Chia Jam recipe post.