One of my favourite vegetables has to be asparagus. I love the taste of these and could easily eat them every day.
Today I am sharing a tasty asparagus recipe with you.
Add a Mexican twist to your asparagus by adding this superb lime and sour cream glaze. Pop it on the barbecue or onto a griddle pan and you’re good to go.
How To Make Mexican-style British Asparagus with Lime & Sour Cream Glaze:
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 1 bunch British asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- ½ lime
- 20g parmesan, finely grated
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
What to do:
- Brush the asparagus with oil and cook on the barbecue for 5 minutes, turning regularly. Meanwhile combine the sour cream and lime juice, and in a separate bowl combine the cheese and spices.
- Once the asparagus is cooked, brush each with the sour cream mixture then sprinkle with the cheese and serve.
- Add a little more or less spice to suit your taste.
Recipe and image courtesy of British Asparagus
What do you think of this Mexican-style British Asparagus with Lime & Sour Cream Glaze recipe?
Fancy trying it?
Here are a few more asparagus recipes you might also like:
Cooking Asparagus. I did say they were my favourite veggies!!
Fancy trying this Balsamic Asparagus and Mushroom Risotto recipe out?
These savoury Sunday Lunch Scones: made for the Queen’s birthday are so much fun.
For a light, protein filled breakfast this week, try making these flavourful Parma Ham-wrapped asparagus dippers with soft-boiled duck eggs. Yummy!
Fancy making this tasty Comté & asparagus puff pastry tart?
Impress your dinner party guests or perfect for Summer lunches or snacks on the garden.
These quick and easy bites make for a straightforward delicious lunch, or nibbles at a dinner party.
I hope I have inspired you to add some asparagus in to your next meal?