Fancy making some of these Portobello veggie burgers?
Today I am sharing this tasty recipe from top chef, Day Radley. He has come up with a delicious recipe for Portobello Veggie Burgers.
How To Make Portobello Veggie Burgers:
- 1 can of black beans
- 1t stock powder
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 red onions, finely chopped
- 2T ground flax seed
- 1/2c cooked rice
- 1/2 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- ½ tablespoon cumin seeds, toasted and ground
- 1/2 tablespoon coriander seeds, toasted and ground
- Half a handful of each – flat parsley, coriander, mint
- ½T of yeast extract (or Marmite/Vegemite)
- Salt to taste
- 4 portobello mushrooms
- 2T tamari
- 2T water
- 1t hot smoked paprika
- 2 large ripe tomatoes
- Baby spinach
- Set your oven to 200c.
- Drain and rinse the beans very well, put them into a large bowl.
- Add the stock powder, garlic, red onion, flax, rice, sesame seeds, spices, herbs, yeast extract and a little salt.
- Using a hand blender or food processor blend until smooth.
- You can make the patties one of two ways, mould them with your hands or roll out between 2 sheets of baking paper and cut out shapes with a glass.
- Bake in the oven for around 30 minutes.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms carefully, so the caps don’t break.
- Put the mushrooms in a large bowl with the tamari, water and paprika. Turn the mushrooms over and around so that they are covered with the sauce.
- Bake the mushrooms in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Slice the tomatoes, put the spinach on your plate, assemble the burgers with the tomatoes and enjoy!
Recipe and image courtesy of Day Radley.
Day Radley will be appearing at VeggieWorld London. Visit Veggieworld for tickets.
What do you think of these Portobello Veggie Burgers?
Fancy making some?