How To Make A Stoats Carrot Cake.
Happy Saturday. Are you looking for a weekend treat?
Today I have a yummy Carrot Cake Recipe to share with you:
You know that feeling when you bite into a crunchy looking apple and it turns out to be really floury?
That’s how we feel about bad carrot cakes.
Slicing through a shell of creamy icing, there is nothing more disappointing than retrieving a wedge of pale, dry sponge. So, at Stoats HQ we’ve formulated the ‘carrot cake extraordinaire’.
Whats our secret? You guessed it. Oats!
We use very traditional ingredients in our recipe, like spices, nuts and sultanas. 100 grams of our Unique Scottish Blend adds the most wholesome character to the finished cake and gives it a rich ‘eat me’ colour.
The proof, as they say, is in the pudding (or cake).
We promise you’ll never look back… unless, of course, you’re looking back at the cake, contemplating another slice… go on, we won’t tell!
How To Make A Stoats Carrot Cake:
- 175 grams oil
- 175 grams sugar
- 3 eggs
- 100 grams sultanas
- 50 grams broken walnuts
- 100 grams Unique Blend Stoats Oats, covered in boiling water
- 3 carrots, shredded
- 150 grams self raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
How To Make:
- Combine the eggs, oil and sugar, and beat until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the soaked oats until they distribute throughout the mixture.
- Add all the other ingredients and fold the batter together to combine.
- Pour your mix into a loaf tin and bake it at 180 degrees for 35-45 minutes.
- *lick spoon*
- Ice with a simple coconut cream icing (that’s just coconut milk and bit of icing sugar, blended and poured over), then sprinkle the top with whatever takes your fancy!
Recipe and image courtesy of Stoats
What do you think of this Stoaks carrot cake recipe?
Fancy trying it?
Share your thoughts in the comments below.
You Might Also Like:
How To Make Blueberry And Almond Porridge Bake.
How To Make Nutritious, Fresh and Fruity Tropical Porridge.
How To Make Oaty Peach And Raspberry Smoothie Bowl.
How To Make Oatcake Strawberry Cheesecake.
How To Make Cranberry And Blueberry Quick Pot Muffins.
How To Make Spaghetti and Stoaty Oaty Meatballs.
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest: