Happy Saturday. I hope you are having a lovely weekend?
Are you looking for a nice and tasty meat-free recipe?
Or maybe you are looking for a low salt recipe?
There’s nothing quite like a spag-bol to get the family excited for dinner in the colder months. Packed with nutrients & suitable for vegetarians too, this low-fat version covers all the bases!
How To Make Veggie Spaghetti Bolognese:
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
- 180g dried Puy lentils
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 sticks celery, diced
- 50ml red wine
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp LoSalt
- 300g wholewheat spaghetti
How To Make:
- Cook the lentils in boiling water for 20 minutes, drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the garlic, onion, carrots and celery for 5 minutes. Add the red wine and cook until reduced by half. Add the tomatoes, puree, oregano and LoSalt. Half fill the tomato can with water and add to the pan.
- Add the lentils and bring to the boil, simmer for 10 minutes until lentils are tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in boiling water for 10 minutes or until tender, drain and serve with the lentil Bolognese.
Recipe and image courtesy of LoSalt
What do you think about this How To Make Veggie Spaghetti Bolognese?
Fancy trying it?
You may also like these other LoSalt recipes:
A How To Make Open Mexican Sweet Potato & Avocado Fajitas for a yummy meal with the family.
Or how about making some healthier fish and chips?
How To Make Healthy Oven Baked Fish & Chips. Make this low-fat recipe for a healthy & tasty family favourite option!
What do you think? As always, join the conversation and share your thoughts in the comments below.