Do you love eating salads but not get around to making then often in Winter because it is too cold? In Winter it eating salads can feel less appealing as we often op for warmer meals instead.
If you love salads and fancy a nice warm Winer salad recipe to try, you have stopped by the right place.
Today I have a warm salad recipe to share with you.
How about making this Warm Sweet Chilli Chicken Salad with Onion Oatmeal?
So tasty, with a sweet chilli kick to it.
How To Make Warm Sweet Chilli Chicken Salad with Onion Oatmeal:
Prep : 10 minutes
Cooks : 12 minutes
Serves : 4
- 6 tbsp cold pressed rapeseed oil
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, cut into thin slices
- 150g medium oatmeal
- 6 tbsp Thai sweet chilli sauce
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 200g green beans, halved
- 2 x 80g bags pea tops
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
How To Make:
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large frying pan. Mix the chicken with 50g oatmeal and seasoning and fry for 5-6 minutes until crispy and cooked throughout. Remove from the pan. Toss in the chilli sauce.
- Add 2 tbsp oil to the pan and fry the onions for 3 minutes then add the remaining oatmeal and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blanch the beans in boiling water for 2 minutes, drain and cool. Mix into the pea tops. Mix the remaining oil with the vinegar and toss into the salad. Divide onto 4 plates and top with the chicken. Sprinkle over the onion mixture and serve.
- Frozen peas can be used instead of the beans.
- Try using smoked haddock instead of chicken.
Recipe courtesy of Whole Grain Goodness
What do you think about this How To Make Warm Sweet Chilli Chicken Salad with Onion Oatmeal recipe?
Fancy making some?