The sharp raspberry and frozen nature of these chocolates make them wonderfully refreshing. Toasted pistachios and freeze-dried raspberries add a lovely little crunch and look so beautiful.
The Plenish M*lk gives these chocolates a creamier, milk chocolate texture and flavour, lighter than other homemade vegan and paleo chocolates.
This recipe makes 12-16 chocolates.
Recipe and image courtesy of Plenish Cleanse
How To Make Joey O’Hare Plenish Frozen Raspberry & Pistachio Chocolates:
- 6 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 5 tbsp Cacao Powder
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 3 tbsp of Plenish Cashew or Almond M*lk
- 65g Frozen Raspberries
- 2 tbsp Pistachios
- 1 tbsp Crumbled Freeze-Dried Raspberries
1. Toast the pistachios in a preheated oven for 5 minutes at 180 degrees to enhance their nutty flavour and maximize crunch. Allow them to cool and then coarsely chop.
2. In a small pan gently melt the coconut oil until it starts to liquefy then add the cacao powder, maple syrup, vanilla and salt, and stir well to combine. Add the Plenish M*lk one tablespoon at a time, stirring or whisking well in between each addition.
3. Fill the moulds halfway with the chocolate mix and add one frozen raspberry to each mould. Then spoon a little more chocolate into each mould to fill it, finishing with a sprinkle of the chopped toasted pistachios and the freeze-dried raspberries.
4. Freeze for at least an hour before serving.
Plenish is an award-winning British brand that has created the UK’s highest nut content long life drink with the launch of its dairy-free, protein-filled and unsweetened range of Almond and Cashew Long Life Nut M*lks.
Proud to provide great-tasting, power-packed drinks to fuel full-on lifestyles, Plenish has created a nut-rich, nutrient-dense, organic product that is bursting with plant powered goodness and a delicious everyday dairy alternative.
Plenish Long-life Organic Cashew M*lk is packed with 6% cashews which are sourced responsibly from Vietnam and West Africa. This M*lk has a delicious, refreshing taste and a smooth texture. It only contains three simple ingredients: cashews, filtered water & a pinch of Himalayan salt.
Plenish Long-life Organic Almond M*lk is packed with 7% sustainably sourced Spanish almonds, filtered water, a pinch of Himalayan salt and nothing else. It is a natural source of Vitamin E and a powerful antioxidant that protects cells from oxidative stress and protein, to maintain healthy muscles and bones
About Joey O’Hare:
Joey O’Hare is a chef who trained at Ballymaloe Cookery School in Ireland, and at Westminster Kingsway in London. She is excited to be working with Plenish, as she loves their delicious use of organic fruits, vegetables and nuts, and the healthy and balanced lifestyle which they champion.