Fancy making these Mini Raw Vanilla Cheesecakes?
Takes: 1.5 hours, including setting time
Recipe and image courtesy of Coyo
Mini Raw Vanilla Cheesecakes:
What you need:
For the base:
- 10 pitted medjool dates
- 150g blanched almonds
For the topping:
- 200g cashews -Soaked in boiling water for 1hr then drained
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 250ml Vanilla CO YO
For the fruit:
- 2 plums
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1-star anise
- 1tsp mixed spice
What you do:
- Blend the dates in the processor until well chopped and in a sticky ball. Add the almonds and blitz until the almonds are finely chopped and the mixture sticks together when you squeeze it.
- Grease a 12 hole muffin tin and add a strip of greaseproof paper to each with 2 cm sticking out each side of the hole to help you lift the finished cheesecakes out.
- Divide the mixture between the 12 muffin holes and use the base of a small glass, with a piece of greaseproof underneath, to press down firmly until well compacted. Freeze while you make the topping.
- Tip all the topping ingredients into the blender and whizz until smooth and creamy. Spoon on top of the cheesecake bases then gently bang the tin on the work surface a few times to level the tops, cover with cling film and refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- Slice the plums into wedges and gently poach in the syrup and spices over a low heat for 5-8 minutes. Turn off the heat and leave to steep in the spiced syrup as it cools.
- When ready to serve gently loosen the edges of the cheesecakes with a knife and pull the tabs to pop them out of the tin.
- Serve topped with two wedges of plum and a good drizzle of syrup.
About CO YO:
CO YO is an award-winning brand that has revolutionised the dairy-free yoghurt market by launching the UK’s first and most popular range of coconut milk yoghurts. Every product in the CO YO family is all-natural, made from whole ingredients and is free from dairy, lactose, gluten and soya. It has the highest coconut content of any coconut yoghurt available, with 99% of each pot made from nothing but pure coconut. It is the only brand that contains absolutely no preservatives, additives, refined sugar or added water.
CO YO’s range of coconut milk yoghurts are fast becoming a culinary essential, as they provide a genuine alternative to dairy yoghurt, crème fraiche and cream. The yoghurts can add texture and flavour to a range of sweet and savoury dishes, including smoothies, dips, curries, desserts and pasta sauces and is perfect to serve with muesli in the morning.