Hello and happy Thursday.
Fancy making some Quorn Meat Free Mince & Fruit Burgers?
Recipe and image courtesy of Quorn Meat Free
How To Make Quorn Meat Free Mince & Fruit Burgers:
- 175g Quorn Meat Free Mince
- 5 medium carrots, sliced and cooked until soft then drained
- 1 level tsp yeast extract
- 50g fresh white bread crumbs, 2 slices approx.
- 6 dried apricots, finely chopped
- 50g sultanas, finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced including green part
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 orange, zest only, finely grated
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil for frying
- A little flour to dust burgers
How To Make:
- Mash the carrots whilst still warm, stir through the yeast extract so that it melts.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Form burgers either with your hands or use a suitable sized pastry cutter as a mould.
- Pack the mixture firmly into the mould and then remove carefully. This mixture makes 10-12 burgers depending on size.
- Dust the burgers lightly with flour, shallow fry in preheated oil for 10-12 minutes on a medium heat, turning halfway for even browning.
- Drain on kitchen paper. Serve in a bun with crispy lettuce leaves.
What do you think about this Quorn Meat Free Mince & Fruit Burgers recipe?
Fancy making some?
You may also like the meat-free recipes:
Easy Firecracker Flatbread Pizza Recipe.
Meat Free Cottage Pie:
Meat Free Chicken Pieces And Quinoa Stuffed Pumpkin:
Let us know in the comments below if you get to try any of these tasty meat-free recipes.