Today I have another yummy beetroot recipe to share with you. Beet-a-ganouch, sweet chili beetroot, sumac yogurt, toasted pine nuts.
Dan Doherty, Chef Director of Duck & Waffle, has teamed up with Love Beetroot to create new recipes packed with superfoods and brimming with flavour, perfect for sharing or side dishes. Today I am sharing another one of their dishes:
How To Make Beet-a-ganouch, Sweet Chili Beetroot, Sumac Yogurt, Toasted Pine Nuts:
- 1 Aubergine
- 1 packet Sweet chili beetroots
- Sprig thyme, leaves only 1 teaspoon ground cumin, toasted
- 1 tablespoon Tahini
- Pinch sumac
- 1 table spoon yogurt
- Lemon, juiced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- pinch Parsley
- 10g pine nuts
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Pinch coriander leaves
How To Make:
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
- On a gas hob, blacken the skins of the aubergine until burnt. It’s best to skewer it so you can hold at a safe distance.
- When all blackened, place into a roasting tray and put in the oven for 10 minutes to soften.
- When ready, split open and scoop out the flesh, and roughly chop so it’s broken down.
- In a food processor, add the beetroot, tahini, toasted cumin, thyme leaves, garlic and lemon juice and blitz until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Take out and into a bowl, add the aubergine and stir through.
- In a dry frying pan, toast the pine nuts until golden.
- Serve the beetroot and aubergine mix in a bowl, and add a good spoon of yogurt on top.
- Sprinkle over the pine nuts, sumac and coriander leaves to finish.
Recipe and image courtesy of Love Beetroot.
You may also like:
Let me know in the comments below if you get to try any of these recipes 😃