Gluten Free Semolina And Raspberry Layer Cake With Raspberry And Lemon Syrup.
Spring is just around the corner and today I am sharing this Gluten Free Semolina and Raspberry Layer Cake with Raspberry and Lemon Syrup recipe with you. A perfect Mothers Day, Spring or Easter cake by Lisa Faulkner for Belvoir Fruit Farms.
How To Make A Gluten-Free Semolina and Raspberry Layer Cake with Raspberry and Lemon Syrup:
For The Cake:
- 300ml sunflower oil
- 180g maple syrup
- 6 medium eggs
- 250g fine semolina
- 2 tsp baking powder
- zest of 2 lemons
- 60ml Belvoir Raspberry & Lemon Cordial
For The Filling:
- 300ml double cream
- 250g raspberries
- edible flowers to decorate
For The Drizzle Icing:
- 75g icing sugar
- 2tbsp Belvoir Raspberry & Lemon Cordial
- a squeeze of lemon juice
Gluten Free Semolina And Raspberry Layer Cake With Raspberry And Lemon Syrup Method:
- Preheat the oven to 180C/fan 160c/Gas Mark 4.
- Grease and base line 3 x 18cm loose bottomed sandwich tins.
- Either with an electric hand whisk or in a stand mixer, whisk together the sunflower oil, maple syrup and eggs until they are light and fluffy (this takes about 5 mins). Stir in the other ingredients and divide between the cake tins. Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Warm the cordial in a pan. When the cakes come out of the oven, prick them all over with a skewer and spoon the syrup over and let it absorb. Let the cakes cool completely.
- Mix the icing sugar with enough of the cordial until you have a thick drizzle icing. Set aside.
- Lightly whip the cream until it is just holding its shape.
- Put one of the cakes on a cake plate, spoon over ½ the cream and scatter with raspberries, top with a second sponge and spread the remaining cream over the top and scatter with raspberries. Top with the final sponge.
- Drizzle the icing all over the top sponge and decorate with edible flowers and a few more raspberries.
Gluten Free Semolina And Raspberry Layer Cake With Raspberry And Lemon Syrup Recipe and images courtesy of Belvoir Fruit Farms.
Fancy trying this recipe?
Let me know in the comments below if you get to make one.
You Might Also Like These Recipes By Lisa Faulkner: