How To Make A Cavolo Nero, Noodle And Miso Stir-Fry.
Is it lunchtime yet?
Fancy making up this healthy and colourful stir-fry? Full of Cavolo Nero, carrots, broccoli, cashew nuts and thick noodles all mixed together nicely. A perfectly healthy lunch or dinner idea.
Recipes and Health Benefits from nutritionist Fiona Hunter – Cavolo Nero
- Like kale, cavolo nero boasts a string of health benefits which firmly place it in the ‘superfood’ category.
- Cavolo nero is high in vitamins K, A and C.
- It is also high in lutein, calcium and folic acid.
- Cavolo nero contains manganese, copper and iron.
How To Make A Cavolo Nero, Noodle And Miso Stir Fry:
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks (300g)
- 200g broccoli florets
- 75g cashew nuts
- 200g pack sliced Cavolo Nero
- 1 tbsp miso paste (25g)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Japanese rice vinegar
- 200g thick rice noodles
How To Make:
Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the carrot, broccoli, cashews and Cavolo Nero for 5 minutes.
Blend the miso paste with the honey, soy, vinegar and 2 tbsp water and add to the pan, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the noodles in boiling water for 5 minutes, drain and divide between 4 bowls, top with the miso stir fry and serve.
Try adding sliced chicken breast for a non-vegetarian option, or serve with rice instead of noodles.
How To Make A Cavolo Nero, Noodle And Miso Stir-Fry. Recipe and image courtesy of Discover Cavolo Nero.
Do you like making a healthy stir fry recipes up for lunch or dinner?
Fancy having a go at making this stir-fry up?
Let me know in the comments below if you get to try this recipe out.
How about also trying this Creamy Cavolo Nero And Chestnut Stir-fry Out?