Acacia flower aromas, Delicate apple and peach flavours, light sparkle. A beautiful peachy meringue kiss flavoured with apple and citric acid topped with a dried peach slice and a few dried marigolds, dipped in I Heart Prosecco caramel and finished with a dusting of gold shimmer.
This is our foolproof meringue mixture. We use this method whenever we make our meringue kisses, giant meringues, pavlovas or decorative festive meringues!
Our mixture is so easy to remember a 2:1 ratio of sugar and egg whites.
How To Make I Heart Prosecco Merlot Wine Infused Meringue:
- 300g caster sugar
- 150g free range egg white
- Light peachy orange colouring
- 4-5 drops natural apple essence
- 1 tsp citric acid
- Some dried peach slices and marigold petals to garnish
- Some gold shimmer spray
For the caramel:
- 100g sugar
- 1 tbsp I Heart Prosecco
How To Make:
For the meringue mixture:
- Preheat your oven to 200c. Line a small baking tray with baking parchment, pour in the caster sugar and heat it in the oven for 7 minutes. Heating the sugar helps to create a glossy, stable mixture.
- Pour the egg whites into a mixer and whisk them slowly, allowing small stabilising bubbles to form, then increase the speed until the egg whites form stiff peaks.
- Take the sugar out of the oven, and turn oven down to 100’c (leave the door open to help speed this up.)
- With your mixer on full speed, very slowly spoon the hot sugar into the beaten egg whites, making sure the mixture comes back up to stiff peaks after each addition of sugar.
- Once you have added all the sugar, continue to whisk on full speed until you have a smooth, stiff and glossy mixture.
- You should continue to whisk for at least 5 minutes once sugar has incorporated.
- Feel a bit of the mixture between your fingers; if you can still feel the gritty sugar, keep whisking at full speed until it has dissolved and the mixture is smooth, stiff and glossy.
- Gently fold in 2 drops of natural apple essence and a teaspoon of citric acid. Gently fold it through the meringue being careful not to deflate the mixture.
- Paint the inside of the piping bag before adding the flavoured meringue with natural food colouring. We usually do about 4-5 spaced out stripes. For the i heart Prosecco kisses we have coloured our piping bag with a light peachy orange colour.
- Spoon your meringue into your disposable piping bag and cut the tip off (about a 50 pence size hole). Pipe out your kisses by keeping the bag tight, straight and directly above your baking tray. Squeeze from a 2 cm height from the baking tray and then let go before pulling up to form the lovely peaks.
- Before baking, we have added a dried peach slice and some dried marigold petals.
- Bake for about 35-45 minutes or until the meringue bases come off the parchment paper clean.
- While the kisses are cooling make your caramel. Heat the sugar and the I Heart Prosecco in a saucepan over a medium heat until all the sugar has dissolved and turns into a lovely golden copper colour.
- Take off the heat and very carefully (while the caramel is still hot and runny) dip the bases of the kisses into the caramel.
- Place the kisses back on the parchment to cool.
- Repeat this for all of the kisses.
- Dust the kisses with some gold shimmer spray for ultimate sparkle!
Guest post recipe & images courtesy of I Heart Wines
You may also like: