One pot breakfast, how yummy!!
How To Make A One Pan Spicy Farmer’s Breakfast.:
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 25-30 minutes
- 250g Jersey Royal new potatoes, scrubbed (not peeled) and sliced thinly
- 3 tbsp light olive oil
- 4 large spicy sausages
- 50g smoked pancetta, diced
- ½ medium red onion, peeled and diced
- ½ red pepper, deseeded and cut roughly into 1cm squares
- ½ yellow pepper, deseeded and cut roughly into 1cm squares
- Pinch of dried chilli flakes
- 4 baby courgettes, cut in halves, lengthways
- 20g unsalted butter
- 4 large free range eggs
- 1 tbsp flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Sea salt
- Ground black pepper
1. Heat 2 tbsp of oil into one very large frying pans
2. Add the sausages to the pan, brown and cook for 5 -10 minutes, turning regularly. When golden all over, remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and place to one side.
3. Add the pancetta, onion, peppers and dried chilli to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes until the vegetables have softened and the pancetta is golden. Stir though the parsley and season with salt and pepper. Remove with a slotted spoon (a spoon with draining holes) and set aside.
4. Heat the remaining 1 tbsp of oil in the pan then add the potatoes in a single layer. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side until crisp and golden. Add the courgettes, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes until they begin to soften and colour.
5. Return the onion, pancetta, peppers to the pan with the sausages. Cook for a further 5-10 minutes. Using the back of a spoon, make four even 8cm circles in the vegetables. Add a small knob of butter to each circle, then break one egg into each, cover the pan with lid and cook over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes, until the whites are set and the yolks still runny.
6. Serve in the pan with hot buttered toast.
- Split the ingredients across two smaller frying pans if you don’t have a very large pan
Recipe courtesy of Jersey Royal new potatoes